I'm just wondering what the diagnostics tool is called that mechanics use to diagnose a vehicle, the one that they have to roll out to do a full in depth scan, not the typical OBD2 reader

  • 2
    I'm sure there's several dozen different models. Every manufacturer is going to have their own version to work on their vehicles. Really, though, most recent readers are handheld ones. I doubt you are going to find too many roll around models anymore (I could be wrong, though!) – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 Dec 7 '18 at 21:29
  • 1
    The ones I have seen lately - professional grade, are about the size of a 15" laptop and they work on many makes... But Snap On do them : store.snapon.com/OBD-II-Scan-Tools-C629196.aspx – Solar Mike Dec 7 '18 at 21:36

Get an autel md802 all systems- £170 in the uk-does all cars and very in depth info incl airbags/ebs/abs etc

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy