Experienced problems starting engine.
Removed battery, checked fluid level, hooked it up to trickle charge, and it readily accepted the charge.
Put it back in and reconnected both cables, and engine started.
Allowed to sit overnight, and checked battery voltage at 10.3VDC and engine would not crank.
Jumped off and allowed to run >10 minutes, battery voltage reading 14.8V at that point.
Removed Negative cable, and battery voltage slowly drops, while engine continues to run.
Shut off engine, measured amperage draw with Negative cable disconnected (parasitic draw): 32.5mA.
Left Negative cable off and
Waited 30 minutes: battery voltage down to only 12.7VDC
Waited another 30 minutes: battery voltage down to 12.63VDC
Reconnect the Negative cable to battery negative, heard electrical 'zzt' noise, battery voltage immediately drops to 10.4VDC, and engine will not start.
Bad ground, bad alternator, etc.?
Thanks for your help and advice.