Sorry for the newbie question:

I'm looking to replace the front driver-side window run channels in my 2003 Corolla. I figure I might as well do the other three while I'm at it—but, wherever I look, I see something like this; that is, $70 for a piece of rubber for one window.

Now, I only know of this part by "window run channel," and am not sure what else it's called. I am confident that if I had other ways of referring to it, I could find a much cheaper price. What else might one call this part?

It is, basically, the rubber that fits around the window frame into which the window fits when it's rolled up:

schematic picture of a run channel

1 Answer 1


Other words I used to perform a search are "window guide channel" and "window weatherstrip channel." Each of these searches returned different results in wording, but nearly identical products. The prices appeared to range from about US$40 to nearly double that figure. Some of the returns also indicated one can purchase used guide channel from eBay and also some online salvage services.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .