I would like to retrofit a Mercedes-Benz 308D van from year 1992 (model number 602.316) with cruise control.

What parts would I need to buy and how to proceed installing them?

I mostly see parts for sale for passenger models, for example W115, W123 - would these be compatible?

  • BTW, could someone with enough reputation add these tags: mercedes tempomat mercedes-benz cruise-control
    – ria
    Mar 31 '11 at 14:53
  • 1
    someone's already gotten to the tags for you, but with tempomat since it appears to be the German work for cruise-control I created a tag synonym and so whenever tempomat is used, it will be tied to cruise-control
    – Patrick
    Apr 1 '11 at 21:10
  • @Patrick if you are at it, mercedes tag as a synonym for mercedes-benz might be useful - in case someone searches for tag mercedes alone, or just to prevent it being added as a standalone tag.
    – ria
    Apr 1 '11 at 22:12
  • @Troggy why did you change the "mercedes-benz" tag to "mercedes" which is a synonym, but now this question is not visible under tag mercedes-benz Can you change the tag back to mercedes-benz?
    – ria
    Apr 2 '11 at 13:36
  • @Patrick you created the synonym, but now "mercedes-benz" is gone from the list of valid tags, so can you add it back?
    – ria
    Apr 2 '11 at 13:56

Not sure if this helps, but for BMW Z3s they made a kit that allowed for you to just basically plug it in. I installed one once, and remember the kit costing like a couple of hundred bucks. I recommend going to dealership, get estimate, and then see if it has a part number you can cross reference for the kit to see if there are cheaper options online, or just buy the dealers kit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.