According to the diagram at https://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/golf-mk5/running_gear_axles_steering/rear_suspension_drive_shaft/assembly_overview_shock_absorber_coil_spring_(front-wheel_drive)/ (parts 1 and 3) there are rubber perches at the top and bottom of my rear coil springs. It's also pictured at https://cdn4.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Golf_GTI_Mk_V/125-SUSPEN-Replacing_Rear_Springs/images_small/pic06.jpg

I'm replacing the springs and, especially if these are rubber, want to replace these too.

Where can I find the part numbers? I've been googling for ages now and can't find these for the Mk5 anywhere at all? Am I missing something?

Huge appreciation for any help.

  • What is the year and engine size of your car?
    – WeakMech
    Sep 2, 2018 at 23:19
  • It's a GTI Mk5 so will be a 2.0l Turbo. Nov 2, 2018 at 14:20

2 Answers 2


Go to a dealer - they will have the part number. You may find that the pattern parts suppliers don't list it so don't have a number for it.


From what I can find online, the part number for the upper spring pad is 1K0 512 149 B and the lower is 1K0 512 297 C.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.