I'm trying to install a cruise control in my 2008 Pontiac G5. It's made by Rostra. It needs 12v accessory power. I think I need to go to the fuse box, but does anyone have any idea which wire to tap into?

Second question: one wire is supposed to tap into "Accessory 12 Volt" power, and another wire is supposed to tap into "Accessory Power Source". Aren't these the same thing?


  • 1
    Is accessory power source some kind of bad translation for always hot or battery voltage?
    – Ben
    Commented Aug 5, 2018 at 7:35

1 Answer 1


If you don't have the wiring diagram that gives you the codes, then you can start by either:

1) identifying the fuses and what they supply can give an easy and quick idea of permanent supply, accessory supply and ignition controlled supply.

2) use a multimeter to find wires with the controlled supply needed. Make sure that the wires come from a supply point that can supply sufficient current - which depends on how much does the cruise control needs.

As for the question 2, there must be some more explanation somewhere.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .