Car in question is a Renault Clio B 1.2 16V with about 85KKm. I experience two issues:
- Intermittent starting problems, independent of hot or cold engine. When the problem occurs I need to press the accelerator to get it to fire while cranking. Afterwards the exhaust smells of fuel.
- Intermittent high idle on hot engine.
- There is no MAF, just a MAP-sensor. I do not have charts but I remember seeing constant negative pressure while idling. I will provide further data.
- Last time I checked the spark plugs they seemed to be in order. I will check them again today and provide further information.
- There is no active CEL, nor there are any stored fault codes.
- The O2 values seem to be acceptable:
- Not so for the fuel trims:
- At the moment I have no possibility to check the fuel pressure. The fuel filter never got replaced. Since the change interval for the filter is 240KKm (actual mileage: 85KKm) I want to exclude the filter.
What would be a possible explanation for the high fuel trims? Perhaps the MAP-sensor or the IAT sensor? I'd like to exclude the O2 sensors as the values seems right (at least from my limited perspective). Could somebody purpose further checks?