My engine used to leak due to seal fail 6 months ago. it was a problem caused by over level oil. Now all leaks are fixed but there is still a gradual oil consumption over mileage.
For the last 3 months here are my notes:
- About 1 litre or less per every 1000km.
- I use 10w30 oil as per user-manual while weather reaches 45C and above where I live.
- There are oil vapors in the intake from the PCV.
- I was changing the sparkplugs and there were wet oil over them.
- I took the car for two continuous 400km ride per each then checked the oil there were no consumption, consumption -I think- happens between separate travels regardless trip mileage!
- No sign of smoke while driving. however, every time I start the engine when cold there is a small puff of thin white smoke that goes away. I live in a hot weather BTW.
- No highly-noticeable lack of performance / gas consumption / over heating for such a high mileage condition as mine.
I was consulting a mechanic around here, he confirmed that I can use it but it needs a complete rebuild to be fixed!
Could these symptoms above indicated a 'piston oil rings wear' or 'valve stem seals wear' or something else? and how long can I depend on my motor before it could get into a serious problem?