My 2009 Honda City S MT developed a leak in the roof ~10 days ago. The service station came back with the attached photos of rust on cowl panel and roof.
I am being quoted upwards of 100k INR to replace the cowl panel below and repair by welding a new metal strip on the roof. This will involve taking down both front and rear glasses and repainting the roof and entire front of the car.
Additionally, they are also offering a ~40k package to strip the car down to bare metal and then doing an anti-rust treatment and repainting the car (including removal of the various panel dents etc).
- How rampant is the rust, roof leakage in Honda City?
- Has anybody had Honda strip down their City to metal and repainted?
- Does the car fit back together again? I.e. How much rattles and squeaks are there in a refitted Honda City?
- Given ~7 year old car, does it make sense to do a strip down and repaint? (expect to keep the car another 3-4 years).
- What is the best way to prevent recurrence?