I just bought an 2003 Infiniti g35. During a minor repair, i noticed that the frame to which the headlights are joined/fixed (not know what it is called), just above the wheel, is rusted very badly. It seems quite delicate. And most probably the rust has spread further inside. Is there a way to fix that area? If it is, what should i ask for? The car works fine but has a lot of rusted spots. Should I try to get them fixed? Or they are not worth the pain?

Also, is it worthy to get the underside of car rust-proofed?

  • Yes if you want to keep it and look after it, but it depends on how much you want to spend... – Solar Mike Jan 4 '18 at 21:52
  • I do want to keep it. But I don't know who should I aapproach to get it repaired. – Rishabh Sahejpal Jan 4 '18 at 21:53
  • A person with the skills that you can trust ... what else do you expect me to tell you? – Solar Mike Jan 4 '18 at 21:56
  • This is the first time I bought a car. I don't think I know any mechanic that I can "trust". – Rishabh Sahejpal Jan 4 '18 at 21:57
  • Alright, I just wanted to know if it can be fixed. Apparently it can be. So, I should get it fixed then. – Rishabh Sahejpal Jan 4 '18 at 22:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.