I had a 2007 Prius until it recently got totaled, and I replaced it with a 2008 Prius.
I'm now trying to pair my old 2007 key fob to my 2008 Prius.
I've followed these steps (also pasted here),
- Open the driver door and leave it open with no fob in slot.
- Insert old fob into slot and remove it twice.
- Close and open driver door twice.
- Insert and remove old fob once.
- Close and open driver door twice again.
- Insert old fob in slot and close door.
- Without pressing the brake, press power button, wait a second, press it again, wait a second, press it a third time to turn car back off.
- Remove old fob from slot.
- 9A) Press and hold the Lock and Unlock key (simultaneously) on the OLD/MASTER fob.
- 9B) Press both the Lock and Unlock key (simultaneously) on the NEW fob. Hold for about 1.5 seconds. Then execute this step again.
- 9C) Within three seconds, press the lock key on the NEW fob.
It seems to work until step 9C, where nothing happens.
Is there anything I might be doing wrong that would cause 9C not to work?
Or is re-pairing my 2007 fob to my 2008 Prius completely impossible because the fob itself is no longer fresh and identity-less straight from the factory?
Thanks so much for your help.