inside my car I need help, I’m learning about my car, and I can’t seem to find an answer on what this part is, due to not knowing what it is, and not knowing how to ask google. It’s the part with a crack in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


That would be the exhaust manifold : brown in colour with the vertical crack. The part that is screwed into it with the wires is the oxygen or Lambda sensor for the emissions / engine control.

  • if the answer is good enough then you can give it a "tick" as accepted. Bu you're welcome anyway :)
    – Solar Mike
    Nov 25 '17 at 17:19
  • 2
    While Honda parts are typically high quality, you may want to consider a quality aftermarket manifold. Some will have a lifetime warranty. They look at where the OEM part failed and correct the design flaws.
    – mikes
    Nov 25 '17 at 22:33
  • I've replaced a Honda manifold which cracked in exactly the same place @mikes. I doubt this is an isolated incident and getting an aftermarket part is spot on (besides, Honda charges OUTRAGEOUS prices for parts). Nov 27 '17 at 16:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.