Someone put replace the front left tire with the spare one and left this outside :O What is this? It seems worn out a bit. Should I worry?

enter image description here enter image description here

Car: Mercedes 09 ML350

  • It's hard to tell from the picture what material that's made of, is it plastic, metal or some combination?
    – GdD
    Commented Sep 20, 2017 at 22:13
  • @GdD The outside is plastic, but no too light.
    – Bill roy
    Commented Sep 20, 2017 at 22:13
  • Are you positive that came from your car?
    – 3Dave
    Commented Sep 20, 2017 at 23:33
  • Please, edit your answer, using proper grammar, for sentence structure. Commented Sep 20, 2017 at 23:48
  • I understand, you're trying to identify the piece here. But I can't comprehend to full extent what you went through. Share all 6 sides of that part as images. Commented Sep 20, 2017 at 23:49

1 Answer 1


It is called "jack pad" which is used in elevating the car when changing tire or other mechanical inspections. It's attached under the car (somewhere around the side edge of the chassis).


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .