i dropped a spark plug on the fender of an $8000.00 paint job. i touched up the 2 nicks ,but have a little excess paint outside of nicks. any suggestions on how to remove the excess? i used a product called rub out or rub off after touching up road rash on my fender flairs at the wheels. worked great but i have misplaced it & don,t remember who made it. any help would be grateful. thanks

1 Answer 1


Use 3000 grit sandpaper, then you need a rubbing compound to take out those swirl marks.

Buy meguirs swirl remover it is an amazing compound you can only get it at professional paint supply or lordco ( from Canada) or a parts store it comes in a brown bottle.

This is the professional way. More professional is probably use 800 grit 1000 grit 1500 2000 then 3000. then swirl remover or cut polish then polish.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .