enter image description hereHello this plastic cover that is in the green box is cracked after having a front-end collision and I need to replace it does anyone know the name of this part cheers.

  • When you go to the dealer just tell them it is the plastic shield behind the bonnet catch.
    – Solar Mike
    Jul 27 '17 at 13:47
  • @SolarMike - Maybe they don't want to get it from the dealer? Usually a lot more expensive than a used part, but you still need to know what to call it if you start asking at a salvage/junk yard or on the interwebz. Jul 27 '17 at 14:10
  • @Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 So plastic shield didn't do it for you?
    – Solar Mike
    Jul 27 '17 at 14:47
  • @SolarMike - I cannot see the image here at work or I'd answer the question for the OP. Jul 27 '17 at 16:18
  • For future references, the website realoem.com is an online system to look BMW part numbers up. If you enter the last 7 digits of your VIN number it will automatically select the correct model.
    – Elias
    Aug 30 '17 at 14:56

It is part of the air induction system. It is called a Suction Hood. BMW part number 13717541738. It can be found as #15 in the diagram below.

enter image description here


  • I had an answer up, but yours is a lot more authoritative. Deleted answer and +1 to you. Jul 28 '17 at 12:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.