I don't know if this is a car part or something else, but because I found these laying near the entrance of my garage I thought I would start here.

The pieces feel metallic on what I consider the top (where the engraved "O" shape is) and is attached to some kind of soft, flexible backing. The two pieces together are connected by this backing and they fold up. The single piece is facing down and showing this backing. The single piece measures about 0.75" x 0.6" x .125"

Image of parts

1 Answer 1


Looks like wheel weights. Have you had any tire/wheel work done

  • You might want to caveat these as "glue on" or "tape weights" or otherwise "stuck on somehow weights" as opposed to typical wheel weights which go on the side of the rim near the bead of the tire. These weights (if that's what they are) are used on wheels which don't have a real lip on the edge of the rim. They can be used on motorcycles or autos. Jul 22, 2017 at 1:11
  • I had new tires put on over a year ago. I can check with the tire center as soon as possible. Is there any long-term problem with these not attached to my car? Thanks for the quick answer!
    – Tim Reddy
    Jul 22, 2017 at 1:46
  • No, not really. Im pretty sure they are wheel weights. But since its been over a year, you probably wouldn't have even noticed it if you didn't see it on the floor. You might get a vibration if it is out of balance.
    – cano
    Jul 22, 2017 at 2:43
  • These are wheel weights used on alloy wheels where the "clip" type can damage the rim. Have you checked the rims to see if there are any patches?
    – Solar Mike
    Jul 22, 2017 at 7:19
  • obviously those are muffler bearings.......
    – Moab
    Jul 25, 2017 at 0:09

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .