I noticed that on an Opel astra F some of the radiator hoses were connected to a T piece using a kind of hose clamp that's unfamiliar to me: T piece hose clamps

There's no screw/spring or other hardware on the bottom. It just looks like a crimped ring. Am I right in assuming that the only way to get these off is to cut them, probably with a grinding wheel of some sorts. And to replace them with a more traditional hose clamp after replacement of the hose?

1 Answer 1


Yes, you need to cut them - difficult but possible with sidecutters, they do make special cutters for these, but you can grind them : be very careful where the sparks go : cover everything...

For replacement use a good quality hoseclamp making sure it is sufficiently wide.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .