I have noticed a rubber ring just before my swaybar bushing. The ring is badly damaged and needs replacing - however, I have no idea what it is called and thus cannot find a replacement.

Could anyone tell me what the rubber ring (picture below, arrow) is called? Thanks. enter image description here enter image description here

  • What vehicle is this. If we know the specifics, we can look it up to see for sure.
    – CharlieRB
    Jun 29 '17 at 18:35
  • It's a Seat Ibiza S 1.4 16V from 2005. I don't think this part is standard, haven't seen it while reading any literature related to the vehicle. Jun 29 '17 at 22:53

That looks to be like a broken lateral swaybar lock. It's supposed to keep the sway bar from moving side-to-side through the bushing (so that its only motion is torsional).

You tend to see this in the aftermarket for increasing suspension performance, like here.

  • 1
    You're right. Detail in the pic didn't lend to me seeing it. Deleting my answer as such. +1 and good catch. Jun 29 '17 at 19:36
  • I believe you are correct - thanks! I have somehow never heard of them before. I cannot find a part number - you may be right about them being aftermarket. I may buy a set and replace both sides soon :) Jun 29 '17 at 22:57
  • Its a sway bar bushing, not a lock.
    – Moab
    Jul 2 '17 at 1:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.