My car slid and went over a center divider. I am very new to auto repair, but am wanting to learn and do it myself. Sadly, I am not very familiar with the parts so I can't really say what broke other than it is the left front tire. Please let me know what looks broken and what needs replacing.
You broke the knuckle. It's hard to say what else is damaged, but the knuckle, wheel bearing(s), hub (may be a single assembly) and lower ball joint need to be replaced. It may need the lower control arm, possibly the upper ball joint as well. You'd need an alignment after all is said and done.
It also looks like you could use some sway bar links.
See Ben's answer for parts you likely damaged. In order to conduct this repair, the tools you will need are:
- large size (bigger than 15 mm, 1/2 inch drive) deep sockets
- 1/2 inch drive breaker bar (24 inch long)
- 1/2 inch drive torque wrench (one that goes to 100 ft-lbs)
- large size wrenches (bigger than 15 mm)
- floor jack (either trolley or bottle type, make sure it can: 1) lift the weight of your truck, 2) it can physically fit under your truck and 3) it can lift high enough to get your wheels off the ground)
- jack stands (2 would be ideal so the entire front of the truck can be supported)
- penetrating oil (suspension and steering repairs often involve rusted bolts)