enter image description here

I need to change the belt (closest one in picture) as it's become very loose. There doesn't seem to be a tensioner pulley, so do I just remove the bolt in the center pulley in order to remove the belts? Or is the far pulley in the picture a tensioner?


  • Welcome to the site. By the looks of it, you've got a pretty hefty oil leak going on there. It appears to be coming from further up the engine, so I'd suggest looking at the valve cover. – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 May 12 '17 at 12:05

Looking at the large bolt holding the alternator (closest in the picture), then I assume the alternator will pivot on that if you release the smaller bolt on the other side of the alternator - just visible with a piece of metal that has a slot in it. That looks to be how you adjust the tension of the belt.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.