I'm trying to find an on-off switch that connects into a standard 10-20A fuse block. I want to feed the wires through the fuse panel to a remote switch so I can easily toggle power to the corresponding circuit. (the switch, or its adaptor, would require its own in-line fuse of course.)

I can find "fuse taps" but I can't find anything that allows me to switch off the circuit through the fuse block. What names would this component go under?

  • google "GTC CT6100 Fuse Socket Connector Kit"
    – agentp
    Mar 23, 2017 at 15:01

1 Answer 1


There are a few products that could be readily adapted to this. Electronic Specialties makes a "Fuse Buddy Current Loop" and Painless Wiring makes a "Fuse Loop." Both are designed to let you read circuit current using a clamp ammeter, but you could splice a toggle switch into the wire loop.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.