I am repairing the coilover of a Yamaha XT600 2kf and I need to replace a radial shaft seal. Unfortunately I have not been able to identify the exact type of seal this is. I have only been able to find the standard ones like this:

enter image description here

These are some images of the one I have:


As you can see a standard radial shaft seal will not fit. I would like to know what this type of seal is called and where I can find them. Thanks in advance.

Update: enter image description here enter image description here These measurements correspond to the markings on the seal. The markings are :BJ-14 25 7-25. Searching for the markings on google did not lead to any useful results.

  • Going on your image, I would suggest that what you are calling a seal is actually a dust cover, perhaps there is a different seal underneath. – Solar Mike Mar 2 '17 at 13:42
  • I have added some information to the original question. I am certain that this is indeed a seal. The material and the markings are typical of radial shaft seals, this is just a special form or type. – Johannes Strobel Mar 2 '17 at 14:22
  • Then I would take it to a specialist bearing / seal supplier who could help. – Solar Mike Mar 2 '17 at 16:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.