I currently have a 2011 Corsa SXI 1.4 Petrol sitting at 54000 miles. I recently purchased this about a month ago and had noticed that there is this mysterious ticking noise.
Startup No ticking sound at all while idle or driving for the first minute or so
- After 1 minute of driving, the ticking noise occur
- Ticks only when at 1k-2k RPMs during slight or constant acceleration (no ticks when gas pedal is not pressed)
- Sound seems to be more noticeable inside the car compared to opening the bonnet
- Sound also occurs in neutral at 1k-2k RPMs
Switching the Engine off
- After a drive with ticking noises, turning the engine off and on again the ticks disappear and reappears after a minute of drive again.
During the startup, there is no ticking noises whatsoever, however after a minute of driving the ticking noise appears and only ticks when I press the gas slightly and goes away when I don't press on it. I checked the oil, seems fine.
Was wondering if anyone knows what the issue may be and how I would solve this.
*Here's a video recording of the noise it makes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVStukYz5SA