What is the easiest way to repaint the steering wheel emblem?
Use a small paint brush and small 1-2 oz paint wells from your local hobby store (Instead of using spray paint in a small enclosed area... Like the example link I provided in the question):
- prep the surface
- sand the emblem carefully with 1000 grit (taking care not to scratch the steering wheel part)
- clean the surface of dust and oils --> use either soap and water or some solvent (Xylene or Klean-Strip's "PREP-ALL")
- apply blue masking tape
- cut out the emblem from the tape
- using a small paint brush, paint 1-3 coats of chrome or black
- followed by a 1-3 coats of clear coat
I would have preferred to replace the emblem but my car's make/model (2008 Mazda 3) steering wheel emblem has 7 pegs that go into the steering wheel plate and I'm not confident the emblem could be removed by itself.
I have been to Honda dealer they said the emblem on 2009 pilot steering wheel is attached to the air bag and cannot be switched out I would have to replace the air bag 600. + dollars I have googled decals, stickers etc nothing that will cover the H on my car Painting seems the solution ( maybe silver nail polish ) I even asked the body repair shop that Honda uses no solution but to replace the air bag