I have been reading through the issue I am currently having for the last two days (including the questions posted here), but still cannot find the reason for the engine to behave like it is now. The car is Mitsubishi Lancer 99 GLX 1.3. So independently if it is warm or cold, the engine is vibrating and when I am accelerating I feel like something is wrong (probably it is missfiring, the sound when accelerating is not uniform). It started to do so, when we were driving through the highway and I stopped to pay the toll, I felt it vibrating (it was a long trip).
So what has been done:
- First of all, I have replaced the seals in the ignition distributor and took it to mechanic to tune the car, so he did, the car was fine while I was driving around, but then in longer trip something happened.
- I have checked with local mechanic and he told the engine mounts look good and most likely the car might be tuned poorly.
- I have played a bit with ignition distributor by turning it to several positions and the situation does not seem to improve.
- I have bought the injector cleaning fluid and has already driven with it around 100km (not sure if it is enough though)
- I have inspected the hoses and there is no noise which could indicate that there might be vacuum leak, I have not done smoke test though, since I have not got the equipment
- Finally I found one spark plug which was totally black in the inside part (it was a bit loose, which I do not know how it could happen). Thus I have replaced all the spark plugs but the situation has only improved slightly.
I am running out of options, so any ideas are welcome. I might be taking the ignition distributor apart once again too see if I have applied the heat resistant silicon in a wrong way and some moisture could enter in, but the last thing which comes to my mind. The engine light, by the way, comes up very rarely when the car is in neutral, but I am not able to catch the moment to read the code.
EDIT: Spark wiring was changed 45000kms ago.