I'm looking for a part for a 2001 SAAB 93 2.2 TiD but I'm not 100% sure what the name of the part is. Essentially it's a sleeve that goes in to the differential which the part in the attached image goes in to:

enter image description here

I've been searching around and from what I gather, the term SAAB uses to describe it is "countershaft insert into diff bearing".

Any help locating one of these parts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,


  • Like the oil seal? Or the snap ring? Or the actual pinion that that shaft meshes with? – Nick Jul 28 '12 at 19:47
  • @Nick Well we have the oil seal, but there's a "sleeve" which is supposed to hold the drive shaft end firmly in place. It sits on the part where you can see the diagonal ridges. I'll try and get a pic in the morning. – Lee Brooks Jul 28 '12 at 22:45
  • Ok, some bushing of somesort. Your best bet would be a fiche with an exploded view and and part numbers. I don't know where you could find one for Saabs. – Nick Jul 28 '12 at 23:25
  • Check for a official service center near you, they might help: saab.com/en-us/usa/the-company/service-centers/… – Gabriel Mongeon Jul 30 '12 at 21:01

The part on the picture is called "Companion flange" as per Saab's own electronic part catalogue (EPC) - number 7 on the drawing below. I'm not sure which one in particular you need, so here's the drawing itself:

enter image description here

Full size

Check whether your engine type is among the listed above. Part numbers are listed on the right, and you can use those when ordering the components.

This is for Saab 9-3 first generation, which includes your model.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.