I inherited a 1984 Toyota pick-up from my father when he passed 25 years ago. The AC Condenser is leaking and needs to be replaced. Toyota no longer makes the condenser, and I have been unable to find any aftermarket manufacturer who still makes the part or any of their stocking distributors who might have one in their inventory. One radiator shop suggested I find a condenser that will fit (since I know the dimensions of the existing condenser) and then custom make the hoses and mounting brackets.

  • Can I use a condenser from another vehicle?
  • How can I go about fixing this without an original core?
  • Would just finding a condenser core about the same size, then fitting new hoses and mounting brackets be all I'd need to do?
  • Look on eBay. Many discontinued things find a generic aftermarket home there. – tlhIngan Nov 7 '16 at 17:58
  • 2
    I think the changes I've made to the question should allow it to be salvaged. Please consider retracting your close votes. – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 Nov 7 '16 at 18:01
  • Great job, @Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2. Retracted. – anonymous2 Nov 7 '16 at 18:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.