UPDATE: Both tie rods were removed by unscrewing the inner tie-rod from vehicle:
- rotated steering wheel to maximum to improve access
- removed bellows boot to expose wrench-able area of inner tie rod
- used inner tie rod socket with pipe wrench to unscrew inner tie rod
GOAL: 95 Acura Integra left inner+outer tie-rod replacement. This challenge was identified after resolving: Difficulty removing Outer Tie Rod from steering knuckle
- Outer tie rod removed from steering knuckle (see photo)
- Jam-nut loosened (red-box in photo)
Uppermost part of rod is in a rotating socket (similar to a human arm). Attempts to remove and disconnect the outer tie rod by applying wrenches at the upper and lower arrows are unsuccessful because the assembly is in the rotating socket
**Seeking advice \ clever techniques to remove tie rod assembly: ** How to unscrew the outer tie rod from the inner tie rod, or unscrewing the inner tie rod from the steering assembly?
I am under the impression it is necessary to unscrew the outer tie rod so that the tie-rod tool can be slipped over the inner tie rod and unscrew the inner tie rod. I hope this is incorrect and there is a clever method to unscrew the entire assembly from the inner tie rod.
Success! Thank you for the nudges and guidance. Review this link for the final photos of the successful install