I drive a 2014 Corolla LE. Whenever I accelerate or brake, I get a tap or a click from within the dashboard near the center vent area.
It happens when...
- I accelerate from a stop.
- I just tap the accelerator while rolling.
- Right before coming to a complete stop.
- I change the CVT gear from Drive to Reverse and Reverse to Drive.
- The noise is greatly reduced on cold days.
- Oddly, the sound goes away when the AC is on.
- As soon as I press the AC button from off to on, the noise disappears.
- Sometimes the noise occurs when I press the AC button from off to on.
I believe it has to do with some electrical AC component, like a relay or actuator.
- What could be causing this noise?
- How do I diagnose this?