I've recently started having a bit of trouble with my car. I typically drive my car to and from work each day. A couple weeks ago I went on vacation and when I returned, my car battery was as dead as could be. The battery was already a couple years old, so I went to the local auto parts shop, purchased and installed a new battery.
This morning, after it had sat through the weekend, it wouldn't start and was completely dead. I drove the car at lunch, and it started without any trouble. Furthermore, other than the incident a couple weeks ago and this morning, I haven't had any form of trouble starting my car. It's always started quickly, without any trouble.
I checked how many amps the care was pulling while it was off and it was .78 amps. Could this slowly kill my battery after a few days or is that a normal power draw for a car that isn't running?
FYI, My car is a 95 Buick LeSabre. Also, I'm not 100% sure that the lights weren't on a couple weeks ago, however, I am sure that my lights were not left on over the weekend, nor were the internal lamp lights. If something is drawing power, it's something that isn't immediately noticeable.
While a typical car is off, how many amps does it pull from the battery?