I have problems with the security system of my car.
If I press the LOCK button in the key fob, there were sound indicators but the door locks are still unlocked. When I tried to open the door, the alarm will go off. I need to press the UNLOCK button to turn off the alarm.
If I press the UNLOCK button in the key fob, it will lock the doors. Of course I could not open the doors, so I need to manually unlock the doors using the key.
Right now, I use some method to lock and unlock the car. To unlock:
- Press the unlock button in the key fob.
- Use the car keys to manually unlock the doors.
- Manually lock the doors using the car keys
- Press the lock button in the key fob.
- Make sure the all the doors are locked.
I tried searching in the internet, because I want to disable the alarm (to save the car's battery). I checked that I could pull the fuse for the alarm.
- What are the possible causes of this problem?
- Will pulling out the fuse solve the problem?