What is the name and part number for this item protecting the undercarriage of the car on the 2013 Honda Civic EX (9th generation). It mounts under the car, and the conceals the compartment with the oil filter.

Large engine splash shield

  • 1
    You might try belly pan or skid plate – that's what similar ones get called on VWs.
    – dlu
    Commented Jul 17, 2016 at 18:11
  • I tried both of them first, coming from the world of Jeeps they look like skid plates but they're mostly plastic, and I wouldn't want to skid on it. Commented Jul 17, 2016 at 18:31

1 Answer 1


That part is the "lower engine cover assembly":

enter image description here

Honda part number 74110-TR3-A20. The insert plates there are also available separately, the large part only seems to come as a full assembly:

  • Does 74110-TR3-A20 come with all the insert plates and screws too? Commented Jul 17, 2016 at 18:28
  • @EvanCarroll It comes with everything shown in the image. If you check the "under cover" page on that site you can get individual parts. You may have to order a few new clips too (91503-SZ5-003), and also it looks like there's a bolt, item #18 on the under cover page, can't tell if it's included.
    – Jason C
    Commented Jul 17, 2016 at 18:31
  • Yea, finding out what's included is also fun. It seems like everything in the box would be included but I've found that's not often the case. Manufacture part guides are always surprise fun. Commented Jul 17, 2016 at 18:37
  • 1
    I wish I could buy a box of spare body screws bolts, and parts. It's amazing you can't do that for cars but you can for Ikea. Commented Jul 17, 2016 at 18:41
  • 1
    @EvanCarroll Ebay sometimes pulls through, and salvage yards (I make a point to pick up parts that I know I'll need to replace some day if they have a good price, since it's getting harder and harder to find parts for my car).
    – Jason C
    Commented Jul 17, 2016 at 18:43

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .