I'm trying to replace a passenger side tail light assembly (well, actually only the red plastic is broken, but that doesn't seem to come separately) for a 2015 Impala, and I see parts sites listing right/inner and right/outer as two separate things. What do they mean?


The tail lights on this car look like:

enter image description here (image source)

The outer assembly is the one on the quarter panel:

enter image description here

The inner assembly is the one on the trunk:

enter image description here

I'm 99% sure of this, but note that it is the result of a bunch of Google searching, and generic product pictures on parts sites make finding a clear image confusing.

If somebody could confirm this that'd be great. You could also call the dealer's parts department and ask.

  • 2
    I cannot confirm this, but it seems logical. I would bet you are spot on. I looked on my goto site. They don't have a picture of the part, but show the "outer" being more expensive than the inner, which would seem on part due to it being a bit larger. Looking at a couple of more things, I see on the CAPA weekly listing for June 6, 2016, they show the part numbers GM2803109 and GM2802109 to be "On luggage lid", R and L respectively. This shows exactly what you're talking about. Jul 12 '16 at 0:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.