I have a 2011 Ford Focus SES with a 2.0 liter I4 Duratec PZEV (California edition) engine.

My repair manual suggests replacing the PCV valve every 60k miles (I am currently at 75k). I am trying to find the PCV valve but am not sure where it is.

YouTube videos suggest it should be at the top driver's side, but the Hanes repair manual says I'll need to remove the intake manifold to access it. The Hanes repair manual is also not terribly accurate for the 2011 model year. It contains no information about the Duratec engines.

Before I go through all that effort to find it, I'd like to know if anyone knows for sure where it is, and if it even is really necessary to replace at the moment.

Here is a link to a couple photos of my engine compartment.


1 Answer 1


The Haynes manual is correct you need to remove the intake to access the PCV valve.

The hose from the valve cover to the intake tube is a breather hose.

The valve in question.

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Crap. I am not looking forward to that at all. Where did you find that diagram? And do you think it's necessary to replace the valve? Jun 1, 2016 at 23:45
  • @JeremyWhite It's a cropped exploded diagram Ford provides, I got it off a subscription site. I'd stick to the maintenance schedule for the part. If it's only suggested wait until they say it's required to replace it unless a drivability concern occurs. But to be honest most car's go their lifetime without replacing a PCV valve.
    – Ben
    Jun 1, 2016 at 23:54

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .