This should be a metallic water-based paint with color code ESB-MOSB, Mayerling green.

What I am trying to find out is if I can find the same color tone but just not as water-based, what would the color code then be called?

Not something I know, but assume that the difference between water-based and not water-based automatic gives a shade color difference, so if that's the case, what color code is the closest?

enter image description here

  • I'm confused about the water based statement. I don' know of any water based paints for automotive. Even a little bit of water. – DucatiKiller May 8 '16 at 18:25
  • Do not know much about the topic, but the auto painter told me that it is water-based paint but should be correct. – JustMe May 8 '16 at 18:31
  • 2
    @DucatiKiller - I thought almost all automotive paints used by manufacturers today are water based? In fact, isn't that all California will allow to be used? All in an effort to reduce VOC's? – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 May 8 '16 at 18:33
  • This is in Europe and it can be? After what the painter told me it is the reason why it must ha clearcoat afterwards. But yes, more environmentally friendly. – JustMe May 8 '16 at 18:36
  • 3
    Any good automotive paint seller can match the color in any type of paint you want. – Moab May 9 '16 at 0:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.