I heard someone mention they were considering "mini-tubbing" their restoration project car.

What does that mean?

Can you just "tub" a car, or can only "mini tub" one? Can you "maxi tub"?


From Hot Rod magazine:

Mini-tubbing is the act of widening a car's rear wheelwells, moving the inner halves inboard to the location of the stock frame-rails to achieve maximum tire clearance without major frame hacking. It's a mod that dates back to the early '60s and has mostly been used for drag racing...

More here: http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/paint-body/hrdp-0903-diy-mini-tubbing-guide/

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.