You can replace the firmware by entering developer mode and then going to the explorer mode in the developer options menu.
EDIT: I have also mirrored the file on my MEGA in case it disappears or is deleted.
First off, I accept no responsibility if you brick your head unit you
are going too need to modify files stored on it to enable Mirrorlink.
Ok so the file should for all uk cars, even the russian one is
I recommend you use a stylus for this, (I used a pen with the lid on)
1) Download ClientAppInfo.bin from here
https://mega.nz/#!Rs0QiBAD!NWVV3Xy5RJwSomJkwW-ZgIMoWUlzcZZpT2lOjocm4ww This is the one
I have modified from my Corsa LE so should work with yours no problem.
Check the fil, here http://onlinemd5.com/, the sha and md5 should
2) Put it on a pen drive formatted to fat32, most likely what it is
already formatted too.
3) Go to your car turn it on and wait for intellilink to start.
4) Enable developer mode,
-Tap repeatedly in the top left corner unit a window appears asking you to enter a code.
-Enter 20110827 and press ok, nothing will happen that you can immediately see but you have turned it on in the settings.
5) Go to explorer mode
- From the main menu go to settings, on page 3 you should have developer menu, if not repeat step 4.
- In the developer menu scroll to Explorer Mode, press it and it will launch Windows CE.
6) Copy the files
- Plug in the usb drive
- From the desktop press on my device in the top left it looks like a yellow palm pilot
- Go into the MD folder, this is your pendrive
- Press on the file so it is highlighted, in the toolbar at the top click edit and then copy (you'll understand why I say use a stylus it's small)
6.5) Change folder options
- In the toolbar press View and select options
- Untick all the options shown and press ok
7) Replace the original file
- At the middle of the toolbar on the top is a yellow folder press it and you should return to the my device screen with all the folders
- Navigate to /Storage Card/System
- In the top toolbar press Edit and then Paste, It will ask do you want to override the file, press yes.
- Wait for it to copy
8) Restart Car
- Remove the pen drive
- Turn off your car and wait for the handbrake light to turn off, this can take around 30 seconds be patient
- Turn it back on and in the apps you should see Mirrorlink
I'll take some pictures soon to show you, but in the meantime watch the
video , yes its in russian but the windows CE stuff is all in english
so it should give you a good idea of what to do. In the video he also
replaces the file in storage card 2, I didn't have the same folder
there so just skipped that part.