I had a small accident and I hit the whole front of my car and the radiator was damage. I took it to my friends mechanic (which i though i could trust) and asked for an estimate. He owes a Bodyshop and knowing my situation he complied to fix the damage for a cost of $2000. At first i though it was too much but since i needed my car for school i had to do it asap. It took him 2 weeks to get back at me and told me the car was ready for pick up. I went to pick up the car in the morning, and his brother was there and gave me a receipt and the keys to my car and verbally told me my car was ready to go. On my way home i start noticing that my engine was making this funny noise. About 5 miles or so my car breaks down, and the coolant gauge starts to signalize that its over heating. (keep in mind i was strangled in the middle of the Turnpike). I called the mechanic and he told me he was on his way to check out my car and see what the problem seems to be. As he arrives i notice he is holding a gallon of Coolant. He opens my hood and without checking anything he begins to fill out my radiator. (how odd was that) HE tells me that i should be ok now.. . As i leave maybe 2 miles later on my car shuts down again and this time it doesn't even respond at all. I had to call AAA to come pick me up but since i was in a parkway they couldnt go in to get me so i had to spend money on a tow truck (not to make it long ) the following day i called the guy and he is not been reasonable to fix the damage. And he keeps saying that he is a bodyshop not a mechanic. But yet he replaced my radiator. i dont know wat to do at this point but im very angry that he doesnt wanna come clean and help me resolve this issue. what can i do?

  • 3
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because this is a legal issue between you and your mechanic. Sorry, but it sounds like the engine may be destroyed, and this site is unable to offer legal advice on how to proceed. – Lynn Crumbling Jan 19 '16 at 19:07
  • I concur with @LynnCrumbling - This really is a legal matter which needs to be addressed with the mechanic who did the work. – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 Jan 19 '16 at 19:12
  • I agree this is between the person and the shop. You may want to contact the BBB thou. They can possibly help you. – Dee Jan 19 '16 at 19:26
  • 2
    Indeed. Legal matter. We could offer you help if you want really bad advice. @dee 's suggestion of BBB or Attorney Gen of your State perhaps....but even that is too far. There is a legal site on SE. This could be a good place to go. law.stackexchange.com – DucatiKiller Jan 19 '16 at 19:41