A friend wants to sell me a scooter for a very cheap price. It is a Chinese model (Qingqi QM125T-10M). Probably a 125cc machine.
He tells me that the scooter worked fine and he used it to go to work every day until he lost the key. The scooter was without use for about 8 months. I have already a new key and I filled new petrol into the tank (which was nearly empty) but the problem is the following:
Turning on the engine is very difficult. After several trials it may run instable (about 1000 rpm - 2000 rpm) for a short while but then it turns off from alone after 3 to 30 seconds. I cannot find a choke.
When it is running and I accelerate, it turns off immediately. It is impossible to make it run faster than stand-by speed. Accelerating kills the motor.
The petrol filter seems to be OK. When pulling the flexible tube a lot of pertol flows out.
I have the following questions:
- What is the most probable cause for this?
- Can the cause be that the machine was not in use for some months?
- Is it true that petrol may "become old" after some month so it does not burn anymore correctly?
- How high is the difficulty to repair this (clean anything inside, change spark plug) or do I need a garage for that?
- Does anybody know where I can get a service manual for that model?