I have been told that upgrading the Camshaft in my GM 454 will increase performance. What will this do exactly and what will the engine actually gain?
- 10069286 block casting
- '90-'91 MY, Mark IV
- short deck
- stock rectangular port heads
The engine has been rebuilt and bored .020" over. Otherwise stock. Hedman headers, 3" exhaust, stock intake manifold and 4 barrel Rochester carburetor.
Stock hydraulic camshaft.
- Cam Style: Hydraulic roller tappet
- Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 204
- Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 209
- Duration at 050 inch Lift: 204 int./209 exh.
- Advertised Intake Duration: 273
- Advertised Exhaust Duration: 298
- Advertised Duration: 273 int./298 exh.
- Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.479 in.
- Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.483 in.