The central locking in my '06 Ford Focus has stopped working. I can put the key into the door and lock and unlock the car, but I can't use the fob on the key.
What I tried:
- I tried to put a new battery in the key.
- A new battery didn't solve the issue.
- I then tried reprogramming the key.
- I used the method of putting the key in and turning it from position 0 to 2 four times and then pressing a key. This seemed to tell me that the key is working as it bleeped when I pressed the key fob. It still doesn't let me lock and unlock the car though.
- I looked for the mysterious fuse 63.
- On the back of my fuse board, there are no fuses and it doesn't look like the fuse boards in the video so gave up.
- My manual said to look on the passenger-side fuse board for the central locking relay. It should be fuse 120.
- My fuses only go up to about 80 so I gave up on that.
- I found a video online which does show my fuse board. If you skip to 2:50 it lists fuses 55 and 77 as relating to the central locking.
- Both fuses seemed fine.