I am attempting to replace rotors on a 1988 Dodge Ram 50 (2.6L, 4WD). To remove the rotors, I need to use a special socket (visible around the auto free hub ) and the special locknut socket. Are there any suggestions on where I might find these tools?

Auto free hub

  • 3
    Aren't those just Allen head bolts? Nov 17, 2015 at 0:48
  • @Paulster2 : Your comment is half an answer. I presume the other "special socket" refers to the lug nuts. OP, please clarify if that isn't the case. I'd like to see this question out of the "Unanswered" category.
    – Zaid
    Dec 12, 2015 at 19:47

1 Answer 1


The special tool you are requesting appears to be an allen drive.

They can be procured online by doing a google search for "allen drive socket"

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.