I am kind of stumped.
I have a 1996 Toyota Rav4 that is acting weird. Let me start with the list of recent repairs.
I gave it:
- a tune-up (new sparks, wires, distributor cap and rotor)
- changed the radiator
- cleaned the EGR valve, and
- recently changed the thermostat.
After all this the engine started revving up and down when idling. If I try to drive the car while it is still idling it stalls a lot. However the car still stalls a bit when it is finally warmed up but not as frequent nor as hard.
I started looking on the web what it could be and still no luck. So far I have:
- cleaned the throttle body and the IAC valve
- installed a new PCV valve
- checked for vacuum leaks via a smoke test and the sparking carb cleaner method - I just tried a new MAP sensor.
The only check engine light codes the car throws are P0300 and P0301-4.
Anyone have any idea what it could be?
Resolved (11/15/15): It was a loose camshaft position sensor. Plugged it in and now the car runs fine.