I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum and a friend of mine was changing the starter. Forgot to unhook the battery. And when the hot wire on starter grounded out it Melted the Negative battery cable until it caught fire.
We had an extinguisher and got it out quickly. The only visible damage i can find is the that the wiring under the fuse box melted due to the fire at the battery. i followed the wires and none of them melted further then 1 foot.
I am wondering if i could cut all the wires a foot or two back and put in a terminal plug like this:
If you have a suggestion on better connector I am all ears.
To wire in a new Fuse Box without having to wire in a full new wiring harness.
Since the car was off What is the likelihood that no other electronics were affected.
By the way the fuse box and Battery are both in the Trunk of the Magnum.