I just want to clear some misconceptions that i have about the obd2 scanning tools :
- Is the difference between the high/low-end scanners is the software only?
- Do the highend use more connection wires on the OBD port ( so they access special functions )?
- Are the highend devices specific to a manufacturer?( so a good one will only work one brand )
- Can the highend scanner read more PID codes? ( not about giving an explanation of the fault code )
- Can highend scanner reprogram the ECU?
why I'm asking : I have a Delphi DS150E scanner and I use it on three cars : Hyundai Tucson ,Mitsubishi L200 Sportero and Nissan Pathfinder on the L200 i could do some advanced stuff like switching ON/off the fuel injector while on the other two all i can do is read/clear the PID codes.
note: I know i should be asking one question at a time but these are all sub-question and fall under the main one