Trying to diagnose an issue with my wife's 2001 Honda CR-V air conditioning. First off, the A/C gets down to 50F when car is running idle for several minutes, so it's not too bad ... however on hot clear days in mid-afternoon the car never really feels cooled off. I think I may have some issues that may or may not be related.
1) The compressor clutch either stays engaged or isn't engaged at all. I don't hear any "clicking" at all and I cannot visibly see down there to see if it's engaging. I'm assuming since it's somewhat cool, that it's engaging?
2) I took a reading and the low side pressure is reading around 32psi and high side around 150psi. A/C turned on with max air. I did try to add R134a, the low pressure didn't seem to increase. I didn't want to continue since I'm not sure what's going on with my compressor.
3) Her car used to make a really high pitched squeal after a few seconds of the car turning on and the A/C being on. Sounded like a belt. I haven't heard that squeal in a while. All belts are spinning fine just based on inspection.
4) Compressor fan seems to stay running but the radiator fan isn't running at all. Even after 10 mins or so of running. May not have anything to do with it and engine may not be hot enough?
5) Cooling fan and Condenser fan fuses are intact.
Whatever help would be appreciated, thanks.