In some European countries, such as Croatia, you're required to carry a set of spare bulbs for all lights required by law with you.

Since I'm not that much into cars, I'm really unsure what spare bulbs I exactly need for my VW T4. Does this mean I need a spare bulb for both headlights, both back lights, both hazard lights, both break lights and the fog light? If so, how do I find out which spare lamb bulbs do fit into it?

1 Answer 1


Most automotive suppliers should be able to tell you which bulbs you need. If you're in the UK, Halfords have a book on each shelf listing most major cars and the parts required, and they used to (I don't know if they still do) sell complete bulb kits for some cars - consisting of all the bulbs you'd need in a single plastic box.

Generally, the headlights are the same, all four main indicators are the same, and the tail-lights on both sides are the same - so you'd only need one of each, although you might prefer to have two for safety (after all, if one fails, and you use the spare, you then wouldn't have another...)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .