Recently my car paint has been damaged, I suspect it got hit by a little stone and the paint bursted. The bursts is not very nice but is very hard to notice because they are just about 3 cm long and very narrow. However, at the end a hole of about 1cm by 2mm has formed.

The hole is not big but really stands out because it exposes the white plastic bumper underneat. I am aware that I could probably bring it to a garage for a spot repair, but the minimum quote for that is about 150 euro so I will not be doing that. Especially as I expect to get rid of the car in one or two months. Hence my question:

What is the best I can do to disguise this hole on a shoestring budget?

I am thinking of max 25 euro/dollar for something that makes my car look decent when I visit people, It is a black citroen and so far the best I came up with is just grabbing a permanent marker to make the underlying plastic black.


Your local auto parts store should have touch-up pens. It's just a matter of finding a decent match.

  • You can also order them online. Aug 12 '15 at 12:36
  • Collision / Auto Body shops should also have a good selection of touch-up paint.
    – zhang
    Aug 12 '15 at 14:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy