It started happening after travelling for about 2 hours. I was experiencing heavy traffic.
The last time this happened was after I was driving for an extended period of time. It never happens when I'm commuting to and from work. For the last two weeks it has been fine.
Additionally, the gear only slips out after accelerating, and in the 2900-3000rpm range.
When the gear does slip out, the car doesn't coast as if it's in neutral. The car doesn't merely lose momentum either; something is actively slowing the car down.
I have a VW Polo 2001, 1.4 engine, manual, petrol. It has done ~37,000 miles. It passed MOT in June; serviced in July with replacement timing belt; new clutch in July.
- Is it worth replacing my car?
- What precautions should I take?
- Is it the clutch or the gearbox?
- I have warranty on my clutch; if it is the gearbox, how much is a replacement?
- If it is the gearbox, is there any possibility of damage to my clutch?
Thanks for reading.