Apparently, there are two types of AC compressors for my '04 Dodge Stratus SE, 2.7 liter 6 cylinder engine, and I need to know which one I need.

I tried looking on a parts store, but I couldn't get past which of these:

SE -- V6 - 2.7L vin R 167ci 2700cc type EER - MFI GAS DOHC
SE -- V6 - 2.7L vin T 167ci 2700cc - MFI FLEX DOHC

it was. How do I distinguish them?

1 Answer 1


It looks like you can tell by the vin. It appears to be asking engine code - that's the eighth digit. See if it matches the R or T shown in the part description there, and that should give you your answer.

  • Thanks, that did get me further. However, I do know that my car has a 5 groove belt (I was told) and all of the parts listed at bit.ly/1LgnAAs except one say 6 pulley belt. Is that the same thing? Under the compatibility tab, my car is listed under 67340 AND the ones that say 6 pulley. Sorry, I wish I knew more of what I was talking about lol... Commented Jul 14, 2015 at 23:34
  • It says pulley grooves are 6 - so the pulley should then have 5 ridges to fit the 5 grooves in your belt. I think you should be good. But it can be touch and go with aftermarket parts being matched correctly, and sometimes may take a couple of tries to get the correct match. Commented Jul 15, 2015 at 0:12

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .